All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: A Few Questions
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:53 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Hello,

I'm new here, so excuse my need to ask questions. Whenever I move to a new provider, I always have a list of questions I'd like answered.

First off, I'd like to say that, for now, I think I will sign up for the free hosting. I'll address this issue later on in my post.

1. I currently have my own domain. If I sign up, all I will need to do is switch the name servers in my domain control panel?

2. How exactly does the control panel work? I looked at the images for it, and I believe I understand it, but I would like to know if somebody has some more in-depth information I could read.

3. I read that there is a small banner ad for the free hosting. Would I be able to get the exact size of the ad, just for refrence?

Now, here is the thing I most want to know. For now, I might sign up with the free hosting to see how everything will work out for me. However, in the future, I may switch to one of the paid features (I'm looking into the business plan, which looks like it would benefit me the most). My questions on this are:

If I start out on the free plan, is there the option to later switch over to a paid plan, or will I have to go through a sign up process again?

The annual fee is yearly, correct? If I'm looking in the right spot, it says that, right now, the fee is $9.95; I would be paying that each year?

Now, this is where my problem comes in: payment submission. At the present time, I use AlertPay for all of my online transactions. Most companies I've ran across use PayPal or something similiar. Would I be able to pay using AlertPay, or not? I can offer more information on that if it's required.

Thanks to whoever answers my questions. I just want to get everything straight before I go and sign up.

Have a good day,

Andrew Workman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:17 am 
Support Team Member

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Yes, you have to point your domain name to our name servers and it is necessary to add it in the Hosted Domains section in our Control Panel.
2. When you sign up with us and log into your own Control Panel, you will see a tool-tip with extra information when you point over the images, so I believe you will understand what you are supposed to do when you click on it.
3. Here is the size of the banner: width="172" height="24"

- Yes, there is a link in the left side of Control Panel named "Upgrade Plan". There you can upgrade your plan to whatever you want from our list with plans.
- No, this is not the yearly price. This is the price that you pay for a month only when you are paying annually (that means you have to pay $ 119.40 USD for one year). If you want to pay monthly, there is an option to pay every month $12.95 USD for this plan.
Other plans cannot be paid monthly, only annually.
I hope the following table will make my words clearer:
http://100webspace.com/web_hosting/compare_plans.html
- We accept payments only from PayPal and 2CheckOut. There is no other way that you can pay for our services.

I hope I was helpful with my answers. However, if you have any further questions, feel free to write again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:12 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Alrighty, thanks for those answers. I think I got everything down. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:40 am 
Support Team Member

namkrowa wrote:
Alrighty, thanks for those answers. I think I got everything down. =)

You are more than welcome!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team