It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: The final mistake
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:10 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

.... or how I wish I had removed the banners!

not only because they put you at a disadvantage for the 'design' mark in the contest but also for the 'clean code' one. Indeed, as I'm a purist, I wanted to let all the viewers know that, contrary to what the judges stated, my website, http://finalcut.allhyper.com , IS XTML strict compliant... But the problem when you test it, comes from the ad banners, which are indeed NOT XHTM compliant. Moreover, that's also them which causes a problem I had identified on Opera, Netscape and Firefox, but not managed to correct...

But... I stand corrected... I should have removed the ads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:07 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

my intent was not to complain...

Indeed, i hadn't checked the CSS, yes it was a stupid mistake and i've corrected it.
And I also admit I'm not a professional, and the problem with opera/netscape/firefox must have a solution. But I'm not good enough to find it.

I just wasn't very pleased to read comments such as 'Horriblly coded! Looks like you do not know how to code. Not XHTML strict, although DocType states so. This is not good, I recommend fixing it!'... I've just checked all the pages linked from the index without the banners, all are valid. I just had to add a few </p> tags I had omitted.

Last edited by x-rays on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:12 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

I agree with PsychoDude!

CyberGeek's Software Solutions
-- WWW: http://www.cybergeeksoftware.com
-- Tech Line: 1-519-860-4557
-- Email: cybergeek@cybergeeksoftware.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team, Jury