It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Plentiful Piercing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:58 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Ok this is my site. I am always adding to it so if something doesn't seem right or seems funky it is because I am updating it and working on it, but if ya guys can check it out and let me know if you dig or not. Plentiful Piercing Discount Body Jewelry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:42 am 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

That looks really cool. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:11 pm 

I totally agree with PsychoticDude85, the flaming text is a big disadvantage, and can even be quite hard on the eyes.

As the the buttons, maybe a text navigation box in the header/footer?

The products..You need to put them in a table or something, as they are they are just left hanging on a dark background, confusion is not what customers want.

There are other things, but many of these have already been suggested by PsychoticDude85.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:56 pm 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

Ya, I replaced most of mine. It sure does make the site look and feel better. Its not that hard to do an installation. Just read the instructions. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:00 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Ok sorry it to so long to reply I've had a lot going on. I'm not being an a** when I say this but the part about a 13 year old made me laugh. Ok the part about the flaming text. I am a piercing and tattoo freak (9 body piercings 7 of them facial), and I know about not making the site to glitzy for it is a distraction ot customers. The problem with that though is. That in talking with my 2 tattooists and my piercer along some other people at shops, and fellow piercings fanatics it boiled down that they wanted something not as glitzy as alot of other body art sites.Most of them contain atleast a minute or two of flash before being able to get into the actual website, and they don't have a tab to skip the flash for either a nonflash site or to just skip it, but they didn't want something as boring as Amazon. I have been having a hard time finding the font that would be inbetween those to so if ya have any ideas there let me know. The counter I am ditching that later today. What you said about the php coding and ditch the bravenet deal. Well I'm like a blind man looking at the Mona Lisa when it comes to php so if you could pm me to enlighten me on the subject it would be greatly apperciated. The part about the tables I know what your saying and I had been battling over that for awhile. I was having a hard time choosing the color that would match, but just decided to stay with the red that is with the rest of the site for fear of distraction. As far as the business takin off like ya said. I put the site up about the 10th of march or so and business isn't doing to badly, but like I said if any of ya can help me out with the font decision or the php coding like you mentioned it would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: i aggree
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:32 am 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

The tables are to much. Even a ebay style will probley be better. The theme that you got, ive seen it somewhere before. And it doesnt look very professional. it needs a few more pics around the spot. maybe u should make the items smaller, and change the "add to cart" pics to a darker colour

Tell me what you think of my site:
http://forum.100webspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=3846

Help build this up: http://forumworld.mybesthost.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team