It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: dummy question- what are blogs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:20 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Yes a dummy question. What are they used for? What is the purpose of them? Why use them? What is the end result when you use them? How do you use them? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:25 pm 
Blogs are like online journals, you post stuff in them just like you would in a journal :D

Post subject: blogs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:37 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Sounds like un-useful thing- meaning no real purpose. But guess people like having things like this. I'd rather have useful purposes for my site.
I'm in trouble again saying my opinion. I have no right to judge what others want to do with their websites. Sorry. Apologize to people who use blogs or other methods on their wesites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:41 pm 
I guess it really depends on what your purpose is, if you like having a journal and like the internet then these are for you, but for people like me (and many others) they are kind of useless because I personally dont use them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:42 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Greetings,

"Blogs" are great things for personal websites or even for small open source software projects. They are just like easy CMSs that allow you to edit the templates, post pictures and easily post information on your website.

... If you are a person that likes to shares personal or non-personal things with people online, Blogs are for you. They also allow people to post comments back to you about the information or articles that you have posted.

Although Blogs are sometimes not a great way to use your webspace, they can be very effective and you can learn lots from editing the coding and etc within the core modules and files of blogs. :D

CyberGeek's Software Solutions
-- WWW: http://www.cybergeeksoftware.com
-- Tech Line: 1-519-860-4557
-- Email: cybergeek@cybergeeksoftware.com

Post subject: blogs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:59 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Appreciate peoples opinions about blogs. I will have to see an example of where it is used and how they can be useful. Need to see the purpose, end results or accomplishments blogs do. Thanks. I know I ask hard core questions but it's how I am. Maybe too much programming in my past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:41 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Greetings,

Your welcome! :D And what do you mean by "maybe to much programming in the past" ? Are you a programmer?

CyberGeek's Software Solutions
-- WWW: http://www.cybergeeksoftware.com
-- Tech Line: 1-519-860-4557
-- Email: cybergeek@cybergeeksoftware.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team