It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Music Community
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:59 pm 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

Hey, I just started this site last month. But bought the new domain last night. Looking for opinions. All it is a phpBB forum with lots of mods added to it. It is pretty nice with all the small and big features added. Click Here. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:09 pm 

I like the colours, maybe expand the board a bit over the page..

The buttons at the top however, you can see the white squares around them, either make them transparent or colour the outsides to match your background.

The MODs are looking great, and there isnt too many of them either.

Looks like its going to be a real nice site :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:46 pm 
The forum descriptions seem pretty cramped, maybe try widening the width of the whole forum / page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:00 am 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

Completley remade, just finished.
I'm worried to hear what you guys have to say about the darkness of the look. I like it and so do most of the people that go there, but thats because we are all metal heads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:32 am 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Greetings,

Well there is a lot to comment on, but I do not have time. So, I will post my opinions and comments...
  • Is the a BETA version of phpBB 3.0.0, Codename "Olympus"?
  • If it is Olympus, it is highly recomended NOT to use a BETA version of it on a LIVE forum. Many bugs and security issues still.
  • Now for the design ... The colours are somewhat okay, although, make a new logo as that looks like crap (my opinion).
  • And exactly what "modifications" have you done to phpBB? But I highly doubt you have done any at if this is Olympus. I say that because I do not believe to my knowledge that there are any available for download or released for Olympus.
  • The forum icons are do not look the greatest. I suggest opening up Photoshop, and fixing them so that the white spots are transformed to transparent so that you do not see white edges all around.
  • I also suggest changing the Administrators and Global Moderators colors to something else as they HURT the eyes and do not make the site very much appealing. They are too flashy
  • The 'dark look'. It looks somewhat okay. But... to comment on what you have said:
    yngwiethps wrote:
    Completley remade, just finished.
    I'm worried to hear what you guys have to say about the darkness of the look. I like it and so do most of the people that go there, but thats because we are all metal heads.

It does not appear that 'many' people go there, as if you look in your 'Whos Online' section, you may see something like:
    http://www.metalwreck.com wrote:
    In total there are 4 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests

Well, I could say more, but I think that should give you a little bit to think about. If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask! :D

PS: That is just my suggestions and opions.

CyberGeek's Software Solutions
-- WWW: http://www.cybergeeksoftware.com
-- Tech Line: 1-519-860-4557
-- Email: cybergeek@cybergeeksoftware.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:07 am 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

Okay, thanks man. And yes that is the BETA version, which isn't recommened for a live forum but I didn't realize that. they said they may or may not provide a upgrade path to the final version but so far no security issues which is most important. I'll start putting ur suggestions to work, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:21 am 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

I really like the theme of your forum. It really does the job well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:27 am 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

Thanks man! :o :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:05 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Greetings,

As you have said here:

yngwiethps wrote:
Okay, thanks man. And yes that is the BETA version, which isn't recommened for a live forum but I didn't realize that. they said they may or may not provide a upgrade path to the final version but so far no security issues which is most important. I'll start putting ur suggestions to work, thanks.

I have a comment. Where you have stated that there are no security issues. Well that could be true, but also it could be false. There are most likely small security issues that no one has found or the phpBB Group Developers have not fixed. I am sure there are a couple within those files. But has there really been anyone to test for any security vulnerabilities? I doubt it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:37 pm 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

=cipher= wrote:
Greetings,

As you have said here:

yngwiethps wrote:

I have a comment. Where you have stated that there are no security issues. Well that could be true, but also it could be false. There are most likely small security issues that no one has found or the phpBB Group Developers have not fixed. I am sure there are a couple within those files. But has there really been anyone to test for any security vulnerabilities? I doubt it!

Well at this point it's good, I am not worried about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:29 am 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Well that is good. I just wanted to make sure you know! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team