Why'd you waste your time? 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Might be useful 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Awesome 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: getyourfreebies.info
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:42 am 
Noobie
Noobie

getyourfreebies.info - a guide and community for all of the OfferCentric and Gratis Network freebie offers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:00 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Hey,

Why dont you change the phpBB2 Default Style (subSilver) to something that suits your Template. ?? For more support on how to do this I can help you - www.thetechbase.com :D

CyberGeek's Software Solutions
-- WWW: http://www.cybergeeksoftware.com
-- Tech Line: 1-519-860-4557
-- Email: cybergeek@cybergeeksoftware.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:15 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Look at this style:
http://demo.phpbbstyles.com/?style=180&noframes=1
This is just a demo of a create phpBB Style created by CyberAlien at phpBB Stlyes (www.phpbbstyles.com).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

the site was just actually redesigned. it used to be based on the template that was previously on the forums. i'm currently in the process of creating a custom template to mirror the website design. it should be pretty smooth. i'm just working out a couple minor bugs right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:36 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Well thats great! I cant wait to see it when its done. Hopefully you just didnt edit the CSS and the graphics. :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:30 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

nope, not just editing CSS and graphics. created my own style then actually had to modify the page_header file to allow for my custom header and footer. also edited a couple other things in there, but yeah, not just CSS and graphics. let me know what you think. there's still some bugs that need to be ironed out, but at least now i don't have to deal with looking at something that doesn't fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:50 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Great! I cant wait to see. I hope you come and register at my site also, www.thetechbase.com, :D, This would be great. I will showcase and have your style on my downloads page if its good! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:52 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

What I see when viewed your site ... is that all you did was edit the default subSilver template and added your left nav. :shock: If you are going to finish the style, I suggest finishing the graphics! :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:07 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Yes, I used subSilver as the template to create my style. I do need to update the template with more appropriate graphics. Also, it wasn't as cut and dry as adding left navigation. The entire site is run from a MySQL backend and a lot of PHP. Since phpBB does not allow php scripting in the templates (for obvious reasons), I had to modify the page_header file in the includes directory of the phpBB in order to allow me to add my custom header and footer file (creating a shell for content) which already existed due to fact that all my pages run from those same files. It was very much more in depth than just "editting the default subSilver template and adding my left nav". Right now I plan on just grabbing the graphics from an existing template that will flow nicely with my layout. Obviously this will be credited to that style on the site. For now, I have some more important things to do on the site and the current graphics will suite just fine. Just in case you haven't noticed, my goal has been to seemlessly tie in the phpBB script so that you don't even notice a difference. I am essentially done now that I've finished my template. Users who register for my forums also are registered to use other parts of the site. It's all interdependant on each other, which is how I wanted it. I get very annoyed when I go to someone's site and have to register to be a user of the site, only to find out I need to register again to use the forums. Any other questions, just ask. Also, I'd rather not distribute the template, because although it's completely separate from the site, i'd like to keep it unique. Oh and the link you left me for your site a post or two up is bad, you might want to edit it (there's a comma in there). I did check it out though, pretty cool stuff. Looks like you used a bunch of different mods. I've been looking for a photo gallery mod to add to my site that integrates with phpBB, but I haven't found anything that does what I want yet. I'm getting ready to write my own, but if you know of one, definitely let me know. Thanks again for all your feedback and help. I'll check out your site a little more in depth and register for the forums later. I'm at work now and have some development to do here first. Thanks again.

-brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:23 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

just an update, a new website, free360xbox was launched today by gratis network. be sure to go to my website and get started with the new freebie website. also, you get a free sponsor link for a day if you register for the forums and make a post. once you've posted, click the "user report" link in the toolbar under the main header graphic. from there, you should be prompted for the website you want to register for and your referral number. it's as simple as that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team