It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: FTP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1 ) I have uploaded my CGI scripts and they don't work. I get Error 500.
The problem is caused by the improper treating of the Carriage Return (CR) and Line Feed (LF) characters in text based files (for example: HTML web pages, perl, php and other scripts as well as standard .txt files) by the two systems Windows and Unix. They treat CR and LF differently, i.e. Windows terminates lines using CR and LF characters (CR followed by LF), while Unix terminates lines with just a single LF character and considers CR as part of the normal text file .

When you transfer such files containing these characters between Windows and Unix/Linux based systems can have unexpected results, and files like php or perl scripts may run perfectly on one system, but fail or generate errors when are executed on another without any obvious difference in the file contents.

In order to avoid any errors due to improper LF and CR characters you should use ASCII mode for your CGI scripts when uploading them via FTP.

2 ) How to create an FTP account?
We offer the opportunity to create several FTP accounts, leading to different directories for every single user, who will be allowed to have certain access to your web directory.

To create a working FTP account, go to the Manage FTP section of the control panel and fill in the following information:
Username: Fill in the name of the user and choose a domain using the drop-down menu.
Password: Type in the desired password in both fields.
Path: Choose the directory, to which the new user will have access.

Click the Add FTP account button to activate the new username.

3 ) What is FTP?
FTP is File Transfer Protocol. Using this protocol, you can upload files for your website into your account. There are many free FTP clients you can use.

4 ) How to connect to my FTP account?
You can use an FTP client, an Internet browser or any software that includes FTP support.

If you are using an FTP client, you must use the following settings:
Server/Host: any active domain (domain.com) or subdomain (subdomain.domain.com) name you have added in your account.
Username and Password: you must use the FTP username and password for the account you have created in the Manage FTP section of the Control Panel.
The FTP Port is 21.

In order to use the Internet browser, you should enter the following address: ftp://FTPusername:FTPpassword@FTPhost
FTPhost is any of your active domains or subdomains.

5 ) Will I have unlimited access to update my website?
Yes, you can update your website as often as you like. There are no limits on updating your site.

6 ) How many FTP accounts I'm allowed to use?
Currently you are allowed to use as many FTP accounts as stated in the FREE section of the Account usage menu of the Control Panel.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team