|100 Web Space
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Oliver [ Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:42 am ]|
|Post subject:||FrontPage Extenstions|
1 ) How to add or remove FPE support for a subdomain or a domain?
Go to the FrontPage Extensions section of the control panel. Mark the checkboxes in front of the subdomains, for which you would like to use FPE and press the Apply button.
2 ) What are Front Page extensions?
Microsoft FrontPage is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web building software. FrontPage requires special 'extensions' installed on the server. If you do not have Front Page Extensions installed you will need to do so from your control panel.
In the Web Control Panel, select “Front Page Extensions” using the menus to navigate. A new page will open and you will be able to select the virtual host, for which to install FPE to.
3 ) Does it cost extra?
No, using FrontPage Extensions does not cost you extra.
4 ) I use Front Page for creating my website. Do I need the Front Page extensions in order to get my site working?
Yes, it is necessary to use Front Page extensions in order for your website to work properly.
5 ) Publishing your website with Front Page.
After you have built your web pages on your hard disk, you can upload them to our server. Once this is done, your pages will be viewable from the web. However, you must follow these instructions :
1. Launch FrontPage Explorer and open the web site you have created on your computer.
2. From the menu at the top select “File” > “Publish”
3. If this is the first time you publish to our server, select “More Webs” and enter the location, where you want to publish your FrontPage web site. (http://www.yourdomain.com - if you are using a free subdomain type it without www infront)Then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
If you are just making changes to an existing web site, your 'Destination Web Server' (http://www.yourdomain.com)will appear in the Publish window.
IMPORTANT: Use “http://www.yourdomain.com” (if you are using a free subdomain type it without www infront) as the Destination Web Server to publish to our server. Leave the 'Destination Web Name' blank.
4. Use the following username and password:
Username: your account username
Password: your FTP password
6 ) How come ONLY my index page is not loading when I publish my site?
Right click index.html (in FrontPage), select 'Properties' -> select Workgroup. Chances are that you have checked off 'Exclude this file when publishing the rest of the web.' - check it.
7 ) How do I BACKUP my website using FrontPage?
Open your web in FrontPage. Next, in your folder list:
1. Click on the little (minus) sign so that it changes to a plus and pulls all of your files into the one directory named: http://yourdomain.com/
It should also be highlighted now.
2. Go to 'File'
Choose 'Publish Web'
Now, select your desktop. We suggest you create a folder on your desktop called 'BackUp'.
3. Now, select the backup folder, and click 'Open'
4. Lastly, Click 'Publish'
That's all. You may get some queries, but that's basically the whole process. The program will copy/publish your entire site to that folder of your choice.
8 ) Create your website online with FrontPage.
Open FrontPage 2000 (2002).
1. Click 'File'
2. Choose 'Open Web'
3. Type in your domain name in the FOLDER NAME BOX, type in your domain name in the following FORMAT: http://yourdomain.com/
YOU MUST put it in in this format or it will not work.
4. CLICK 'Open', and you may have to click 'OPEN' again...
THIS should load your entire site, where you will be able to dynamically edit the entire site.
9 ) Edit Your Published Web with FrontPage.
Once your FrontPage Web is published and online, you will need to access it to make updates and changes. Be sure that you are connected to the internet before attempting to open your web on our server.
1. Open FrontPage Explorer and choose 'File' > 'Open FrontPage Web'.
2. You can now choose to open a previously created web on your PC or your web on our server.
3. Highlight the appropriate web or type in the web address (www.yourdomain.com) and click OK.
4. Enter your Username and FTP Password if required.
5. Make modifications and recalculate links if needed. (See your FrontPage Manual for info on when it's necessary to recalculate links).
10 ) I am using FrontPage. Does this conflict with some of the other options of your site?
Yes, FP conflicts with various options. If you want to use anything on your site that is NON-FP, then it is best not to use FP at all.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group