It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: E-Mails
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1 ) How can I create an e-mail account?
To create a working e-mail account you need to have a domain. Having a working domain in your hosting account you will be able to create e-mail accounts by submitting the form in the E-mail Manager menu of your Control Panel.
You can not create an email account with your free subdomain.

Also be informed that free hosting users are not allowed to send emails due to security reasons (spam). Any scripts that send emails will not work as well and SMTP is also disabled.
Our paid hosting plans do not have such restriction.

2 ) What will happen if I delete a mailbox?
Deleting a mailbox is a single step only and it cannot be undone. It will delete the selected mailbox along with all email aliases assigned to it and all messages stored.

3 ) How to set an autoresponder?
You can set an autoresponder to a mail box and all e-mail addresses attached to this mailbox.

Go to the E-Mails section of the control panel and click on the Autoresponder icon in the Autoresponder column.

On the next page simply type the autoresponder's message into the Body section and hit the Submit button. A reply e-mail containing this text and the original subject will be sent automatically to all received e-mails.

The Reset button will automatically restore the last submitted message text.

4 ) How to set up an e-mail address to forward all the mail to another one?
Go to the E-Mails section of the control panel and click on the Forward icon in the Forward column.

Add the e-mail address to which all incoming mail will be forwarded in the field and click the Add button.

5 ) How to change an e-mail's password?
Go to the E-Mails section of the control panel and click on Change Password.

In order to change the password for this mailbox and all e-mail addresses assigned to it, simply type the desired password in both fields and hit the Change password button.

6 ) How to check my mail using the web mail system?
Select the Webmail icon from the Control Panel and login using your e-mail (mailbox name) and password.

7 ) What is an e-mail address?
Every user on the Internet can have a unique e-mail address.
It is a name that identifies an electronic post office box on a network where e-mail can be sent. On the Internet, all e-mail addresses look like: anything@domainname.extension

8 ) What is a mailbox?
An area in memory or on a storage device where e-mail is placed. In e-mail systems, each user has a private mailbox. When the user receives e-mail, the mail system automatically puts it in the mailbox.
The mail system allows you to scan mail that is in your mailbox, copy it to a file, delete it, print it, or forward it to another user. If you want to save mail, it is a good idea to copy it to a file, because files tend to be more stable than mailboxes.

9 ) How many e-mail addresses do I get with my account?
Depending on the hosting plan you have chosen you can use as many e-mail addresses as stated in the UNUSED section of the Account usage menu of the Control Panel. You can also delete and move them from one mailbox to another.

10 ) Are my emails included in my account's disk space?
Yes, they are included as your mailboxes are using disk space on our servers.

11 ) What is the difference between a mailbox and an e-mail address?
A mailbox is the physical location of your emails and the e-mail address is your network unique name that identifies an electronic post office box where e-mail can be sent.

12 ) I can't send mail. All outgoing mails are being rejected.
If you are using our Free hosting service this problem is caused by the fact that free hosting users are not allowed to send emails due to security reasons (spam). Any scripts that send emails will not work as well and SMTP is also disabled.
Our paid hosting plans do not have such restriction.

If you have a paid hosting account note that the Outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication.

In the account properties of the Outlook Express / MS Outlook you should check the box 'My server requires authentication'.

13) How to set Outlook to use Secure Authentication?
Open Outlook and go to Tools>Accounts. Then select your email account account and go to Properties>Servers> select My Server Requires Authentication and click on the button Settings... on the right - in the new window input your account's username and password.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team