It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Domain Management
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1 ) What does the red cross next to my domain in the Hosted Domains section mean?
If the status of some domain name is NOT READY (red cross), it means that the DNS update is not complete or this domain name has a wrong DNS set. If the status is OK (green sign) then you can start using this domain name right away.

2 ) How can I delete a domain name?
You can do that from the 'Hosted Domains' section of the control panel. Just hit the 'Delete' button for the corresponding domain name.

Deleting a domain name is final and cannot be undone. It will delete all mailboxes, subdomains and email aliases assigned to that domain name.

3 ) If I delete a domain name, will this affect anything else within my account?
Deleting a domain name is a single step only and it cannot be undone. It will delete all mailboxes, subdomains and email aliases assigned to that domain name.

4 ) How to set up a working domain name?
In order to set up your domain you have to do the following:

Log into your account and from the Web Control Panel menu choose 'Hosted Domains'.
Then add your domain name. You can start uploading your web site but
it will become visible after the activation of the domain. Meanwhile you can create subdomains using the available system domains and point them to the domain directory in order to show your website on the Internet.

In order to activate the domain, we need you to set the domain name servers
(DNS) to ours. You will find our DNS settings on the Domain manager page.

Right after the DNS settings are changed, your domain name will become active.
The DNS change usually takes from 24 to 48 hours.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team