It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ] 
 Post subject: 100WebSpace is the best!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:30 pm 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

Hi every1 including Big Boss :D 100WebSpace is trully the best, the support tech people, the administrators everyone are just the best and very helpfull. The webhosting is miles better then any other hosting company and I am just soo glad i've picked 100WebSpace :D

Post subject: Yes!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:21 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I agree with you!!.
Well, I must say that I had an account in 50free.com before my new one.. and for unknown reasons, doesn't work now.
Hope this things don't happen now.

Post subject: Re: Yes!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:32 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

artufer wrote:
I agree with you!!.
Well, I must say that I had an account in 50free.com before my new one.. and for unknown reasons, doesn't work now.
Hope this things don't happen now.

Hello and welcome aboard Henwa and artufer,

such thing will not happen with 100webspace service! :)

Sincerely yours,
BigBoss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:36 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I can only agree. Best hosting provider *e v e r* in my experience, haven't found one better. I'm recommending this to -everyone-.

Post subject: Thanks from me too !!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:44 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Hello, Community !

First I have to say, that I'm truly impressed by the service and the
featuresof your free Hosting plan. Thank you very much for the excellent job
you do.

Nevertheless let me ask you one question. Is it possible that your database
server gets a little overloaded in the time from 6 to 10 p.m GMT. I do quite
often experience a "too many connections"-error from my MySQL database. Parallel
to this performance speed of my webpage is clearly decreasing.

But despite of this, again thanks a lot to the whole 100webspace.com team for their really good job.

Best Regards
Gregor

Last edited by deusexmachina on Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:04 pm 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

yes, i've been told the users on freestarthost.com server gets very overloaded as thats the server for free hosting customers to start off and some customers abuse it and 100WebSpace ban the members doing this but they always seem to find a way back in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:41 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Hi !

My site ist running on "freefronthost" not on "freestarthost".
But nevertheless what server I'm running on - abuse by "free" customers ist always anoying. :cry:

But thanks for your quick answer !

Regards,
Gregor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Yeah! I have tested almost 5 hosts or more and i can say this is the best of them.

Good Work.Continue such as now :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:27 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

ledric wrote:
I'm recommending this to -everyone-.

I'm still wondering if "recommed" my server is good or bad:
too many users could make it slower or something like that?.

See you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:39 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

100Webspace is certainly not the best, they used to be the best...until the ads and the limit came. They're still good though, although they may have lost a staggering amount of users. I still use 100webspace, but I do agree on that they have a very fast and helpful support team. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:47 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

100webspace is the only place i could put my forum to work :mrgreen:
but i have a quest, hollosite isnt working? cus my forum from 2 hours ago isnt workin :cry:

Post subject: hallo or hello or howdy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:29 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Just joined this forum an wanna say hay to all..Looks like a neat bunch and friendly..
And thanks to the folks providing some free space for some to post our websites..It is appreciated..

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:30 pm 
Support Team Member

hollosite is working - just checked it!
Try it again, please and if the problem persists open a trouble ticket from within your account - we'll check it

Post subject: yes
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:34 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Others provide 800MB, 500MB and so on with unlimited database, GD library, etc.. with fantasticos probably. When you started using its like you are in hosting-heaven, but all came crushing down in just a month.

100webspace has been very stable. They are reliable...

Vote for them at www.clickherefree.com - the official free hosting review site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:49 am 
Noobie
Noobie

support1 wrote:
hollosite is working - just checked it!
Try it again, please and if the problem persists open a trouble ticket from within your account - we'll check it

It was just a downtime for 3 hours or so like someone told me, now its working good, thanks to everyone
100webspace r0x 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:20 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

twistedsucker wrote:
100Webspace is certainly not the best, they used to be the best...until the ads and the limit came. They're still good though, although they may have lost a staggering amount of users. I still use 100webspace, but I do agree on that they have a very fast and helpful support team. :)

Does the limit and things like that work on old accounts? Because I think I've uploaded files larger than 500Kb (I think that's the max) before...I mean, I deleted them, but...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:07 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

my site is losing popularity as the database server cannot stay alive for more than 24 hours without going offline and becoming inexcessable.

but otherwise great service
i give it a 7/10 but if the databases where up 24/7 then i would change it to 10/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are doing our best to keep the MySQL up and running. The most of the problems are caused by users that create multiple connections to the database and leave them open. This causes the error "Too many connections..." The MysQL on our server has a reasonable connection limit, the problems are mostly caused by abusers.

As I already said - we are doing our best to limit the problems with MySQL to a minimum and we also fix them ASAP. We appreciate your assistance in this matter, so please report MySQL problems but make sure that you don't report a MySQL on a server that has been already reported.

Post subject: Re: yes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:02 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Eagle wrote:
100webspace has been very stable. They are reliable...

Vote for them at www.clickherefree.com - the official free hosting review site.

I did go there and vote for 100webspace.

While I was there I took a look at a few hosting sites that ranked higher. What jokes. All of those I looked at had unreasonable limitations or restrictions not found in 100webspace.

I think the info and ratings on free-webhosts.com are much more useful.

Vote for 100webspace here:

http://www.free-webhosts.com/reviews/100Webspace.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:11 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

twistedsucker wrote:
100Webspace is certainly not the best, they used to be the best...until the ads and the limit came.

I admit that the former no-ad policy was one of the main reasons I signed up, and I wish it did not have to change. But I'd rather have a tiny, unobtrusive ad banner on a service that plans to stay in business and grow, than an ad-free site on some hobbyist's low-rent server that might be gone next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:09 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

i agree that this is the best hosting service ever. the ad is quite small and doesn't take away from the site at all. I've tried other hosts with many cool features only to have them gone in a month's time. I was a little worried about that when I signed up here, but have been surprised to have such stable service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:21 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Neil_Parks wrote:
twistedsucker wrote:
100Webspace is certainly not the best, they used to be the best...until the ads and the limit came.

I admit that the former no-ad policy was one of the main reasons I signed up, and I wish it did not have to change. But I'd rather have a tiny, unobtrusive ad banner on a service that plans to stay in business and grow, than an ad-free site on some hobbyist's low-rent server that might be gone next week.

I second that emotion. Plus, it's not that expensive to remove the ads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:09 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Yes I just discovered this host and quickly setup a page. All I can say is I'm loving the service. I don't have any issues with limits because it keeps it less sluggish for everyone.

Post subject: Good host here
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:08 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I signed up here around a week ago and I don't regret my choice thus far. I needed a free hosting account to test some PHP & CGI scripts since I'm new to it all and didn't want to face a huge bandwidth bill from just doing that. 100 Web Space's admin panel impressed me alot and the server speed is fantastic. This is the first free host that I didn't dump after 2-3 days due to some technical error on the admin's part. To the owners/mods, greqt jobs guys! You just may earn another paying customer if all works well. :D

Post subject: Re: Good host here
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:51 am 
Noobie
Noobie

carmel72 wrote:
I signed up here around a week ago and I don't regret my choice thus far. I needed a free hosting account to test some PHP & CGI scripts since I'm new to it all and didn't want to face a huge bandwidth bill from just doing that. 100 Web Space's admin panel impressed me alot and the server speed is fantastic. This is the first free host that I didn't dump after 2-3 days due to some technical error on the admin's part. To the owners/mods, greqt jobs guys! You just may earn another paying customer if all works well. :D

Yikes, I just read within this forum that signing up for PHP/CGI testing is not what a free account here is for so allow me to clarify my previous statement. Yes, I am testing some scripts but I am also using them for a valid site here (see sig). Just in case a delete happy mod is on the prowl (tugs collar like Rodney Dangerfield). :oops:

Post subject: My Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:34 am 
Noobie
Noobie

100WebSpace is great!
Its fast hardly goes down, all the extensions i need for PHP. I primarily use it for php testing, and was for my blog, before the ads came along. I might move it back here because my other host is soo slow! I'm worrying about my bandwidth though.
When I first came to 100Webspace I think i got a good server (hollosite) as while i've been here it hasn't gone down once!
I now take 100webspace's advanced features for granted I especially like the subdomains, so you can host multiple sites with one account.
Pity about the introduction of the ads, it messes up some of my unusual PHP > JavaScript pages.

Thanks 100WebSpace!

Note: I only use it as testing for the things I can't test on my localhost server. (CGI, cURL and fsock)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:59 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

It USED to be the best. Now it sucks almost as bad as all the other services. Way to destroy my interface.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:04 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

MODERATED by Oliver Reed

I will tell this for one last time, nagging around will nto help anyone, so post like this one will not be accepted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:52 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Never was the best free hosting... 2 reasons:

1. It is not totally free.
2. They change the terms & req. without consider the users opinion.

With the small banner and iframes problem some people was angry, but now all people won't talk 100WS for good improvements or services.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:06 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

see what i'm talking about, they don't want to hear that they are wrong. they just block it, delete it, or moderate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, we just don't want to hear meaningless complains, the banner will NOT be removed! Our managers decided to put the banner and no matter how many thousends post you make, the banner will stay, so please if you want to complain go somewhere else - if you want to help fix the bugs and make this as suitable as possible for everybody, stay here and help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:40 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Fix it by doing what would look less ubtrusive and more likely to be clicked:

My idea: A single link that can be put anywhere on any page (but has to be on every page), that says "See our sponsors". When this link is clicked, a nice little snappy window/thing will open up with as much advertising as you want, including "Free web hosting provided by 100webspace".

I, for one, would be more willing to click on online advertising like that because it is less obtrusive, doesn't waste my bandwidth, doesn't talk, and looks professional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:16 am 
Noobie
Noobie

same. apparently they didnt really think this through, since they supposedly keep changing the banner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:21 am 
Noobie
Noobie

but if the "managers" or whoever want to be stubborn about leaving the ads, we have the right to be stubborn about complaining, and eventually they'll get sick of it and do something about it. i'd love to help make this suitable. i'm very good with making things look better.

Last edited by halfway2anywhere on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are acting childish. I am really on your side so I should say thet complaining will not help. The managers took a decision and it will be like this. And I also explained several times that some good stuff will happen too soon, so just have some patience and stick around.

Last edited by Oliver on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:26 am 
Noobie
Noobie

has anyone mentioned perhaps making a chunk of HTML code that is required to be located somewhere on at least the homepage of everyones site? this could contain anything that 100WS wants in it? This code would be similar to how .UNI.CC networks use to make sure you have their ad on ur site, it sends back to the network that traffic is being generated. If traffic isnt being generated, your account is removed, which would make sure everyone has this code on their pages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:06 am 
Noobie
Noobie

support4 wrote:
No, we just don't want to hear meaningless complains, the banner will NOT be removed! Our managers decided to put the banner and no matter how many thousends post you make, the banner will stay, so please if you want to complain go somewhere else - if you want to help fix the bugs and make this as suitable as possible for everybody, stay here and help!

Seeing this post, tell me support4, why should I keep my business with you? I used to think that this place was great, and if you would at least listen it would be nice (although we did get the smaller banner, thanks!). If I am putting my buisiness somewhere I want support staff that care and don't call my complaints "meaninless". If one of your paid members had a complaint, you would be all over it. I have to admit up until now the support has been great. I am not going to stay to see the hundreds of posts in protest ignored. You have both breached your TOS and your integrity. Why should anyone trust you with their business, let alone their MONEY?

www.profsn.tk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What I ment with my post is that no matter how many time you say you are not happy with the banner there will be no effect. The managers will not listen. I am sure that there is a good reason for what happened, I have been assured that there is also some very good stuff comming, but you should know that there is nothing really free.

As to the support, I cannot comment the quality of the support here at 100websoace since I am a support team member, but what I know is that we have been working very hard to provide assistance to everyone who needed it, no matter whether it was a paid or a free hosting user.

Of course paid users come with priority and this is pretty normal. That's all for know from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:37 am 
Noobie
Noobie

support4 wrote:
We are doing our best to keep the MySQL up and running. The most of the problems are caused by users that create multiple connections to the database and leave them open. This causes the error "Too many connections..." The MysQL on our server has a reasonable connection limit, the problems are mostly caused by abusers.

As I already said - we are doing our best to limit the problems with MySQL to a minimum and we also fix them ASAP. We appreciate your assistance in this matter, so please report MySQL problems but make sure that you don't report a MySQL on a server that has been already reported.

Could there perhaps be some sort of post or faq or whatever the explains the use of the sql server in some detail? I'm experienced enough to understand the details if I have them, but I'm still new to sql.

For instance, during testing, I might have a page open to edit my database via phpMyAdmin, so that I can remove anything erroneous that the script I'm testing might add to the database. On another desktop I'm testing the script. How many connections does this make? What kind of "keep alive" processes are used by phpMyAdmin? If my script includes the command to disconnect from the database, but there's an erroneous query before it, does the connection actually close?

I think if you share these details and educate us a little you'll find that most of us don't want to do something stupid like overload the database server with too many open connections.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:49 am 
Noobie
Noobie

eocv wrote:
MODERATED by Oliver Reed

I will tell this for one last time, nagging around will nto help anyone, so post like this one will not be accepted!

I was not nagging, I was pointing out that it sounded like someone was lying. Maybe it's YOU who aren't doing your job. I don't know if you've fully informed your boss as to the state of affairs in his business today, and when he makes statements that indicate he is willing to stake his reputation as a businessman that certain things will not happen, even though those exact things are happening just as he writes his post, it makes me wonder if he just doesn't know.

Is there a reason why you're trying to lie to your boss Oliver Reed? I can't think of any other reason why you would edit my post to prevent me from asking him a direct question.

Let me clarify this in case you're still not getting it for some reason. The man who runs your company said that something will not happen. It was happening as he posted that. It's still happening right now, hours later. So if you want to go to such lengths to prevent me from directly asking him why it is that he appears to be misinformed, that leaves me no other assumption than that you are the person misinforming him. What exactly are you up to that is harming your boss's business that you don't want him to know about?

Now, if there's been some misunderstanding or miscommunication we can act like adults and discuss it here. Or you can pull another stunt like that and risk that I take it to channels that you can't control. So far I've only used communication methods that are under the control of 100webspace and it's staff to dicuss this matter, and you'd be a really smart public representative of your company to keep it that way.

An even smarter person than that would recognize someone who is loyal to the people he represents and will go to no ends to represent them properly, and respect that instead of trying to subvert it. You'd be incredibly lucky if you came out of this with someone like me in your corner, instead of against you, but apparently knowing simple details like that isn't a pre-requisite to representing some other man's time, energy, profit, and livelyhood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I should say I am stunned by your post... This is ridiculous. My boss that you want to ask a direct question has an account in this forum - it is TheBigBoss, so send him a perosnal meessage if you want to ask him something.

So don't occuse me in hiding anything from our managers, there are plenty of means to override my control and contact them directly and if you have asked politely I would have even assisted you in your effords. I just want you to understand that I want to help here not only because this is my job, but because I actually care what happens at 100WebSpace. I really wanted to build a community here and I understand that because of this banner every person that represents 100wepace is considered guilty (for God knows what or why), but don't forget that we are the people that assisted you and will assist you in the future and I should say even in days like this one with hunderts of negative posts, emails, tickets etc I still love doing my job and it will remain this way. So try to work with us not against us, we are on your side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:38 am 
Noobie
Noobie

support4 wrote:
So don't occuse me in hiding anything from our managers

Don't accuse me of adding to the "nagging" when in fact, my post that you decided to edit had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the banner ads. And then on top of your decision being highly egregious you felt you needed to deliver it in a tone I don't even use with any of my four children anymore.

support4 wrote:
...if you have asked politely I would have even assisted you in your effords.

Funny, I've been assisting you in your efforts since this whole thing started, and you didn't even have to ask nicely. It's called doing what's right just because it's right, not because someone shows you how you'll benefit from it. I've encouraged users to not swear, to not take certain tones, to appreciate that there is a decision making hierarchy and that these things take time. I've encouraged users to voice their opinion strongly as is their right, but I've discouraged anyone who seems to be making threats of illegal action. WHILE keeping up with the flood of messages that you yourself admit to having trouble with, I've even managed to give users ACTUAL SUPPORT, by way of explaining a few things to them that they might not have understood about the problems they were having and then pointing them toward potential solutions, including explaining to them why certain solutions might work; in other words, I've been teaching people how to fish so that we might not have to hear that they still have problems, instead of just giving them a fish and hoping they'll shut up and go away. At the same time I still managed to have a family dinner, spend time with each of my children, spend time with the guild that I represent as Communications Officer, and have a little play time for myself. Don't take the tone of some aggrieved injured party with me, Oliver Reed, I've been doing your job the way it's supposed to be done all day. Not because someone asked me or convinced me, but because some people in this world still take belonging to a community seriously. Note I said "belonging to", not "controlling" or "building". You didn't create us, and you don't own us. We were already here, we already expected certain fair and equitable treatment long before there was ever an Oliver Reed, and we'll keep right on with that long after you're gone. Stop condencending to us like children just because you happen to have moderator status. It's a teeny little bit of digital fluff, and it won't make you a man. Your actions will.

Still completely on topic, and speaking of who's helping, who's asking, and what your actions will make of you, I note that I very sincerely and earnestly suggested some course of action that might allieve somewhat the problems that are affecting the database servers in the post before the one you chose to respond to. I wasn't asked to, politely or otherwise, and yet because I had an idea I felt obligated to share that in the hopes that it would lead to some further resolution that would benefit us all. Those are my actions, and they say what they say about me. YOU came along and decided that your need to get back up on your high horse was so great that you just had to respond to the message after that, and effectively ignore that there was a user trying to be helpful and offer some valuable feedback. Those are your actions, and they say what they say about you.

I'm not making this stuff up, I'm just shining a light on it. I couldn't make you look worse than you already made yourself look if I even had the inclination to try.

support4 wrote:
So try to work with us not against us, we are on your side.

I've been working with you all day Oliver, to the point where you yourself said that you were going to bring some of my ideas to the attention of the management. Did I shut up and go away because I'd had my ego stroked? No, because my posting was all born of a sincere wish to help. So I followed it up with more technical details for you to run with in case they helped out.

I get paid $95k a year to do professionally what I've done for you for free today. Maybe it's you who should "work with us" while I'm still just barely on your side. Was the post you edited 100% productive? Probably not. OH WELL. I'm angry, and this is what angry people do. YOU are not responsible for the decision that made people angry, nor are you responsible for whether enough thought went into that decision. You are responsible, at least partially, for weeding out swearing (I didn't), abusive posts (mine wasn't), nagging about the banner ads (my post didn't come close to mentioning them), advertisements for other web hosts (mine wasn't). I don't know what particular hair you had out of alignment at the moment that you decided that you should edit my post, but you were wrong. If you don't want public discussion of your mistakes to occur, don't make them publicly.

I expect an apology. By editing my post you publicly put me down to a level with those who rightfully deserved to have their posts edited, and I have maintained the utmost in professional decorum all day in not going to those lengths to express myself, and have actually helped the situation in some instances while doing so, and helped others walk away less likely to post in some of those ways. There are many instances where I could have fanned the flames and encouraged people to run in utterly ridiculous directions with this mess, and instead I talked a few down, pointed out options, and used my head and my common sense. As a reward for that I get "MODERATED by Oliver Reed", quite wrongfully. You slapped me in the face, and yet I still choose to communicate with you about it civilly. You have some nerve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:43 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Since it's brought up in this thread, could there be some clarification about what is "testing"?

Even if I write a PHP script from scratch, which isn't usually the case with most users, there's still going to have to be some tailoring and testing done to make sure it works the way it should.

I took the "no testing" policy to mean that you guys don't wish your servers to be used as a learning tool for someone who doesn't really want to put together a web site and just wants a place to practice coding. Is this correct?

I, for instance, wanted to change my guild's news page from a flat file to a database driven php file, so that I could then allow others to add to the news remotely (I'm trying to farm out the work so that it's not all mine ;)) I didn't know exactly how to do that, and I did end up using your server for trial-and-error testing til I got it right. But then intent and end result was to create a portion of my web site for public viewing. So did I violate something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:48 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Yah, be nice to the support people you meanies :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team