It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Error with a specific word
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:42 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

When the word pedophile is inserted anywhere in a thread, the message in unviewable and all that comes up is the number 35 under the host ad...

While I am here, when sending a PM the name of the person clicked on does not automatically appear in the username field.

Sick of me yet? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:55 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

The word is immaterial...I would try the converstion but if it screws up the Admin CP where does that leave me? Hmmm..?

The fact that the error occurs is the problem...pedophile is a word in the English dictionary...what's the matter with it? I shouldn't be using it? You the word police mate?
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:01 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

The discussion was about Wednesdays Dateline episode about pedophilia and how disgusting it is. Now, is that ok with you or should admins now start asking permision about the topics of discussions on their forums?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:30 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I think your comprehension skills are lacking...we are admin on a site and getting this error...let me reiterate this has naught to do with the word or the subject matter but that the error occurs.

Can we get an answer from support regarding this please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:03 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Quote:
All of the servers have a filter which filters certain words, it is NOT an error, but in fact is a method of protecting the host from improper material appearing on their servers.

Now that wasn't hard was it?

This answers the question without delving into questions of morality which was never my issue...

Now, can someone please help with the issue of the username not automatically appearing in it's field when sending a PM?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team