It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Making a dynamic catalog with flash
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:29 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I have just finished a catalog for my web site on 100webspace.com. I use php, and flash, I connect to the MySQL databse. When i run it on my localhost server to test it, it runs fine. I then just change my connection settings in my connection file (in php) to the settings given by the host, freesuperhost.com. and My flash catalog just stays blank. I have used this connection before wtih my normal php pages and they work fine. What i do is use some php files to gather the info from the DB and it is sent as XML to the FLash which displays it.

Can anyone help me. I think my php files (the gathering files which convert it to xml) cant connect to the database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:48 pm 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

What did you use as the settings?
Is the host set to "freesuperhost.com" and is the username the same as the database name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:30 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I use freesuperhost.com. All i do is use the working connection php scirpt that my other pages use and they all work fine. Well i think what is happening is that the php-files are gathering the info but when they send it as XML the server adds HTML code to them (the xml-data )making them unsable by the swf file. I think the code being added is the webhost banner.

Is there a way i can change this?

I tried making the php-files output xml-files which are then read by the flash swf-file. Works on my local server. But somewhow the php cant change the new xml-file after its written the first time. What permission do I need to grant the php and its output xml file? 666,777,755 ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team