All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Help with phpnuke - sending emails
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:14 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Hello!

I'm totally new at php and i'm runing all web trying to find a solution to my problem, but i cannot solve it. I hope to find someone to help me with this. ^^;

So, my problem is: I'd installed my phpnuke 7.7 in a free 100webspace account. My first problem after instalation was the confirmation mail, but with some tutorials help, i had disable that function. I was thinking everything was ok, till the moment i try to send newsletters or those "recommend us" mails, mass mails and i couldn't send emails to other users by forum. Today, i've registered on HotPop and, finally, i can send emails by forum to other users, but i still can't send newsletters, mass mails etc. Can anybody help me with this?

I've read all over the web about this problem, but i can only find solutions for phpnukes on localhost. There they talk about the php.ini file, is there someway to change my website php.ini file?

And what is the mail() function? There are lots of people talking about that, but i don't know what it is.

Last question: Now i have the hotpop as my "admin email", i've read to, that gmail does not work because it have some protection, but it is possible to change the admin email to my mail from 100webspace/coconia?

Thank you so much for the trouble ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:21 pm 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

I don't think you can use the mail() function. I don't think you can use 100webspace email and that at the same time because my mail is only pointed to one email server but if you make more than one subdomain it may allow you to do that. If you want to use newsletters, I suggest that you get a free service that allows you to do just that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:53 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Oh... ok, well thanks I'll see what can i do :wink:.

Oh, and let me ask you one last question, do you know some cool payed host where i could use the mail() function, or something like that?

Thank you so much, for everithing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:59 am 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

We are not allowed to mention other hosts in this forum. If you want paid hosting, I suggest you pay $3/month or thats $35/year and get that function enabled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:43 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Ohh i didn't know, sorry ^^;

And thanks for the suggestion :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team