All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: FrontPage 2002, Forms, Email
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:48 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Hello all,
I am working on a form using FP 2002, I am trying to set it up where the form is also emailed to a specific email. I have done this before with no problem but a different server. I have read here on the forum about publishing as an http:// not FTP, I am doing this. I also have two email accounts set up with 100webspace that I have tried to use as well as my yahoo with no luck.

I forgot to add that I do not have the free hosting, we are paying for personal web & domain.

http://trinity-portarthur.com/Prayer%20Request.htm

My form still needs work but my main focus is getting it to work. Any and all help will be appreciated!

I don't understand a lot of the coding and technical talk so please keep that in mind with your reply :D

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:05 am 
Noobie
Noobie

aww :cry: someone is bound to know something to help me. If you can't tell me, maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 pm 
FrontPage's forms tend not to work very good with our servers.
For starters, please make sure that you have set the script to use a mailbox hosted on the server.

If that is not the issue please let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:33 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Would it be ok for me to copy and paste my html coding in this forum to see if you see something wrong? I don't know about what is the correct script. I just let FP do the work for me. I was doing it the same way I had done on the other server. The form prop. has to "Where to store results"

File name: _private/form_results.csv
Email address: prayer@trinity-portarthur.com

Also on the submit button the hyperlink sends it to the same email. I have tried several variations of not having the email in one and not the other, not at all, etc.

Thanks for the response....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:37 pm 
Support Team Member

Please open a trouble ticket regarding this issue. This can be done via the Help Center section of your Control Panel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:51 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Quote:
Hello,

Unfortunately I am really not able to assist you in this situation as we do not offer custom script support to our customers. If the form is properly set there should be no problem to use it on our servers.

Best Regards,
Viktor

I did open a TT, when they checked my site they said this:

Quote:
Hello,

We have tested this issue on several of our office computers and the same situation occurred. The reason is in this line of the code:

<a href="mailto:prayer@trinity-portarthur.com?subject=Prayer Request from Web">

Best Regards,
Viktor

Now, I have redone the page only changing those items in the previous posting and it still does not work. The trinity-portarthur.com is hosted on the 100 Web Space servers and the email was created in the Control Panel. [/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:57 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

<html>

<head>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Prayer Request</title>
</head>

<body background="Jesus%20ppt2.jpg">

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="92%" height="619">
<tr>
<td width="20%" height="619" valign="top">
<!--webbot bot="Navigation" S-Type="sequence" S-Orientation="vertical" S-Rendering="graphics" S-Theme="blank 000" B-Include-Home="FALSE" B-Include-Up="FALSE" U-Page="sid:1013" --></td>
<td width="80%" height="629" valign="top">
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" onSubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;" webbot-onSubmit>
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" u-file="_private/form_results.csv" s-format="TEXT/CSV" s-label-fields="TRUE" startspan --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" --><p align="left">
<b><font color="#FFFF00">This page is not functioning at the
moment...<br>
You will see a memo when this page is ready for use.&nbsp; <br>
You may submit at prayer request to:
<a href="mailto:prayer@trinity-portarthur.com"><font color="#FFFF00">
prayer@trinity-portarthur.com</font></a> <br>
until the form below is ready.</font></b></p>
<blockquote>
<p>
<font color="#FFFFFF"><b><i>Your Name:
<input type="text" name="Sender" size="30">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </i></b></font></p>
</blockquote>
<p>
<font color="#FFFFFF"><b><i>Your contact info: <input type="text" name="Contact" size="30"></i></b></font></p>
<p><font color="#FFFFFF"><b><i>Prayer request for:
<input type="text" name="For" size="30"></i></b></font></p>
<p><i><b><font color="#FFFFFF">My request is: </font></b></i></p>
<p><textarea rows="15" name="Prayer" cols="62"></textarea></p>
<p align="center">
<input type="submit" value="Submit"><input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></p>
</form>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

</body>

</html>[/quote]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team