It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: flv´s wont play
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:11 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Hi, please tell me why I cant get any flv´s to play.

I can tell from the loader bar it´s being loaded but nothing else.

I´m not on a free account.

Thanks very much.

Absturzius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:05 pm 
What exactly are FLV files any way? I beleive I have heard of them but am not familiar with them....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:22 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I think your pulling my leg but here you go anyway.

Quote:
Video support in Macromedia Flash has continued to evolve since its introduction in Flash MX and Flash Player 6. Flash Player 7 greatly improves video quality, supports higher frame rates, and provides additional opportunities for loading dynamic media at runtime.

At the core of Flash video is the Flash for Video (FLV) file format. FLV files contain encoded audio and video data that is highly optimized (through the use of Sorenson's Spark codec) for delivery through the Flash Player. This keeps the Flash Player footprint as small as possible by using a single video rendering format.

Edited video content is encoded into the FLV format as it is imported into the Flash authoring environment (or encoded into FLV format from third party applications via the Flash Video Exporter plugin). Once imported into the Flash authoring environment, FLV files can be converted to movie clips and can benefit from all of the programmatic manipulations ActionScript has to offer, or exported back out as standalone FLV files that can be invoked and streamed by the Flash player.

On the delivery side, developers can choose from a variety of options for embedding video into Flash movies or options for streaming external video files at runtime, or options for exporting Flash video to other formats. Developers need to carefully consider the types of video content, bandwidth, length, and the level of user interaction needed before choosing a suitable delivery mechanism.

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14571

I did a lot of searching about the best method of providing video on my website and came to the conclusion this was it mainly because apparently 98% of users pc´s have the ability of playback without having to install anything else. And the quality/filesize ratio is good.

Now I´ve refreshed your memory rm249, any ideas?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:40 pm 
were these files that you created or you downloade?

(I am sorry that I didn't know about FLV files, I never really did get into Flash editing / creating, most flash files I have dealt with are SWF, thanks for the info :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:14 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Hey, no need to apologise. From what I´ve read of your posts you know everything else. Cant be perfect. :D

Yeah, they are short (ca.20sec-2min.) films I made.

I can run swf.s ok just not flv.s and I´d really like to rule out the hosting side before I starting going through everything else.

Absturzius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:03 pm 

This is just a wild guess :shock: but could it be a codec needs to be loaded in order for them to play on a PC?

Could you supply a link to one or more of these files so we can see if they might play on our systems?

Grout Recoloring Systems: http://coloryourgrout.com

Save Your Data - Do Backups
http://forum.100webspace.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team