It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Calendars.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:36 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Can someone suggest a site where I can find a good, easy-to-download-and-operate, free, spyware-free PhP-based calendar script? I've done a decent enough html-based one, but I was wondering if I could "spice up" a calendar a little.

Thanks. I was just wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:01 am 
Try this site, I'm sure they have sme there: http://www.hotscripts.com/ :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:12 am 
Noobie
Noobie

OK. I went through the list carefully and chose calendarix. At first, I got the note "could not connect to the SQL database". I realized that I messed up the database name and fixed it, and at least got a calendar. But now I have a very wide calendar with each and every date cell containing the note:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/mysite/calendarix_0_6_20050215[1]/calendarix_0_6_20050215/calendar.php on line 155. I have one in the title stating "Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/mysite/calendarix_0_6_20050215[1]/calendarix_0_6_20050215/cal_utils.php on line 239

The readme file instructs me to do this:

* Import the "create_cal.sql" in the "admin" folder into your mysqldatabase
console : mysql -u username -p
create calendar; (if necessary change the name)
use calendar;
source create_cal.sql;
quit;
phpMyAdmin : go to the database and import the sql file.

I thought I didn't have to import any files.

If a helper wants to see the URL, I can PM him or her. I have the strangest feeling that I am doing something so blatantly obvious that can be fixed very simply. But being the newbie I am, I just don't see it right away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:50 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I found a calendar. Initially, I had posted here about how to import an SQL file, but I found out that if I copied and pasted instead of trying to browse for the file and load it that way, the calendar looks normal.

I still have to find out how to change the features on the calendar, but that isn't a matter for this forum.

Last edited by Sunday's Calling on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:26 pm 
Log into PHPmyAdmin and click on your database name at the top in the left frame.... then click the SQL tab, then at the bottom where it has to upload a file, uploaod the .sql file and click submit :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:28 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Oops, sorry, rm! In my rush to fix my post, I didn't see that you already posted.

Actually, I'm scared. Some of this mySQL/php stuff is actually starting to make a little sense to me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:37 pm 
thats good :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:31 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Greetings,

PHP and SQL are key programming languages to good websites that are either developed or are developing. :D :wink: I suggest to try to learn as much about them as you can! :D

CyberGeek's Software Solutions
-- WWW: http://www.cybergeeksoftware.com
-- Tech Line: 1-519-860-4557
-- Email: cybergeek@cybergeeksoftware.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team