It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Business Hosting
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:05 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I've currently got a clients website hosted on a Personal Pro hosting account. He's a photographer and I've installed Gallery2 on it. It's all working nicely now but if he uploads too many photos in one go it takes the account over the 2.5% CPU limit.

In the control panel's account usage page it says I can have 13361 files (a very precise figure???). It says I currently have 36640 which is way over. What problems could I run into with this?

If I upgrade from Personal Pro to Business hosting what is the CPU limit increased to? And will it let me host more files? And if so, how many more files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:49 am 
Support Team Member

The CPU limit will be the same if you upgrade your hosting plan to a higher than the one you use in the moment. Could you please open a trouble ticket from your Control Panel so we will be able to investigate this issue from our end?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:37 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I did open a ticket and here's the guys reponse...

"To be able to see what exactly causing this high CPU usage, you'll need to access your Live Stats manager from your control panel, and to look over which one script or webpage is generating high traffic. If you purchase an upgrade for your account, the CPU usage, file limitation, number of the ftp accounts, mysql databases and emails for your account will be increased. Please be sure that you want to upgrade to the hosting package which can fit your needs completely, and you can do this from our main website price list. Also the file usage statistic says, that you don't have any available files for upload, also this means that you won't be able to receive any emails for the future. Please try to delete files which are temporary, or you don't need at all, because this limitation may spawn more problems with your account."

So he says I can upgrade for higher CPU usage, and file limitations? I've checked the site out and there isn't really a problem with it. It's just that if my client uploads too many photos in one day it uses more than 2.5% of the CPU time. I have told him to be careful, and he's promised that he'll limit how many photos he uploads per day.

My main problem now, is the number of files I'm allowed to have uploaded. Why is there a limit, and why wasn't I told this before I paid for the hosting? I understand limiting CPU time \ bandwidth \ disk space, but why limit the number of files!?!!? And what can I do about it? This site needs to hold lots of files, there aren't any I can delete.

Can I upgrade my account to allow for more files? What kind of problems will I encounter if I keep the number above 12644? (And why is the maximum number of files I'm alowed 12644, where do you get that figure from?)

Phew! That's quite I post I've made :o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:57 pm 
Support Team Member

Could you post again in the opened trouble ticket. I'm sure that my colleagues will increase the maximum files quota for your hosting account.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team