All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: [Issues] - Free Hosting Service
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:18 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Dear, good afternoon!

I would like to clarify some issues regarding the free hosting service.

1) I already own a domain, the domain could be using, along with the free hosting service?

2) I have to configure the DNS and the domain? How?

3) If I want to cancel my account, will own facility? Do you have any other way, what's in the contract, which is getting in touch via e-mail, to cancel the account?

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: [Issues] - Free Hosting Service
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Raul,

1) I already own a domain, the domain could be using, along with the free hosting service?
Yes, you can use your own domain name in Free hosting account.

2) I have to configure the DNS and the domain? How?
You need to update the name servers to dns1.freehostia.com and dns2.freehostia.com. The name servers can be changed from the registrar side and the change require up to 24 hours to propagate globally.

3) If I want to cancel my account, will own facility? Do you have any other way, what's in the contract, which is getting in touch via e-mail, to cancel the account?
If you wish to cancel the account, just open a ticket from the hosting control panel and request to be closed. Sending an is not an option because we can not be sure that it is coming from the actual owner.

Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:08 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Since now I thank you for response!

Regarding the third question, another question arose:

4) If I require cancellation of the account, which she accepts or not by the administrators of webspace, I might be moving my domain to another host or have to wait for the authorization of the cancellation?

5) I have the possibility to use a Control Panel and a helper of building sites (with ready-made templates), for example?

6) I have to do installations from the Control Panel, such as Joomla, among other scripts and services?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

4) There is no problem to transfer the domain name to a different account or different registrar company if needed. In case of transfer is needed, you should open a trouble ticket from your account with us, provide some details on the present case and request assistance. This way we will be able to assist you as properly as possible.

5) What we are offering as website building assistance is the Elefante Free Scripts (Application) installer, where you could fine and install many common scripts such as Joomla, WordPress, Moodle, Drupal, etc. Free templates for some of them are also available. Although this is so, after that website maintenance or script updates are not provided service and you should handle this process on your own.

6) There is no obligation to install the scripts from the control panel. You could install the scripts manually on your own from an installation package of the script provided from its vendor.

If there is anything else we can help with, feel free to write.

100WebSpace.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team