It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: mysql backup
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:23 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Following the recent problems with mysql across all servers, is there any way that we can have automated backups sorted for all domains?
If there is a program that can be installed at the server end, is there something that we can use (cheap, or better still free) at the user end. I have found that over the last couple of weeks, i have had to repair a lot of tables in my sites, which must have been corrupted with all this downtime that we have been subjected to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:07 am 
Support Team Member

Please open a trouble ticket regarding this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:13 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Its not really a trouble ticket kind of thing, i was merely wondering if there is any way that my database can be backed up daily, by remote, automatically.
This could be at either the server end or on my local machine, but something that can connect to my database and backup. Even a daily email, with my db attached would be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:32 am 
Support Team Member

I'm afraid that we don't provide such a service. You will need to backup you database by yourself. This can be done via the phpMyAdmin tool of Control Panel. If you want just open a trouble ticket. In the opened ticket you will receive our instructions how exactly to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:08 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I know exactly how to do this, but with all the server problems of late, i thought it might be an idea if there was an auto backup possibility. It took me nearly a day to repair tables after the last lot of problems you had with the SQL server

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team