It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Hotlinking question...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:04 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Hi all.. from searching on this topic I am still not sure whether what I want is allowed or not:

I want to store some PDFs on my free 100webspace site so that web users of my Joomlah CMS site (also on 100webspace, same subdomain) can download them.
Since they are larger than 500kb, (a few megs each) what are my options? do I have to upgrade to a paid account?
or does 100webspace allow putting in links to file hosting services such as sendspace.com or a remote ftp site somewhere?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Hotlinking question...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:55 am 
Support Team Member

econofesh wrote:
Hi all.. from searching on this topic I am still not sure whether what I want is allowed or not:

I want to store some PDFs on my free 100webspace site so that web users of my Joomlah CMS site (also on 100webspace, same subdomain) can download them.
Since they are larger than 500kb, (a few megs each) what are my options? do I have to upgrade to a paid account?
or does 100webspace allow putting in links to file hosting services such as sendspace.com or a remote ftp site somewhere?

Thanks

Yes, if you want to host bigger files, you will have to upgrade to at least Personal plan. Regarding the other mentioned method - I am not quite sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team