It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: If you have the "double banner" problem with phpBB
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:37 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I can't seem to find the post that was made earlier today in which this problem was brought up. So I'm not sure who to direct this at, but any of us that use phpBB are affected by it.

If you respond to this message, and then scroll down, you will see the section of the page that is headed "Topic Review".

I've scoured my system with the "find" tool, I've opened several php files for examination including "posting.php" and the "includes/topic_review.php" that is referenced in it. I've looked through three different packages of phpBB. I cannot find any reference to "iframe". It is somehow disguised (probably not intentionally, one would hope).

However, if you respond, and then view the source of the page that has the "Topic Review" section, you will see that there is indeed an IFrame in use, which is the source of the problem. Specifically you will see:

<iframe width="100%" height="300" src="posting.php?mode=topicreview&amp;t=3&amp;sid=b6c93f92872c360e2ca1034f4348d8c5" >

Or something like it. And of course, if you have an Iframe that size 100webspace need to attach the ads to it to prevent those unscrupulous sorts who might use IFrames to defeat the banner ads.

So the first step is to determine exactly where in the code the php inserts an IFrame into the page that is being served to you. I'm afraid I haven't been able to figure that out yet, but maybe one of you can with the info I've provided.

The next step is to use something other than an Iframe. I am almost certain that it's possible to achieve this with php and scrolling DIVs. But I can't proceed until I know more about how it's being done now.

In any event, the problem is definitely an IFrame. This was probably the only way to do it with the first few releases of phpBB, but web coding has progressed since then. If you can help me figure out the exact cause, I'll help you figure out the exact solution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team