It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: php mail function error
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:28 am 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

I have a question, has 100 Webspace recently disabled the php mail function? I have recently noticed that emails are not being sent on my phpbb forum. I had a problem like this with 100 Webspace sometime last year. Do I need to open a support ticket, or is this a known issue?

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 am 
Support Team Member

I have tested the php mail function from your account directly and there was no problem on my end. As I have explained in the ticket opened by you from your account I have created a test php mail script that was fully operational. I was able to send a test e-mail using this script. Please, check your php forum script in your account for errors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:33 am 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

Ok thanks, I sent a test PM, and everything checks out ok now. This has happened a couple times before in the past while my forum has been hosted here. I have the exact same setup for testing only purposes with another host, and I've never had this problem. I'm happy that it's working, and hope it doesn't have problems again in the future.

Thank you for your quick response. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:58 pm 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

The problem is back again. I know for a fact it is not my forum script, because I have a test site hosted elsewhere running the exact setup as my live site here. I'm getting no errors on the test site, but I just got an error over here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:02 am 
Support Team Member

HB wrote:
The problem is back again. I know for a fact it is not my forum script, because I have a test site hosted elsewhere running the exact setup as my live site here. I'm getting no errors on the test site, but I just got an error over here.

I think this will answer your question:

http://forum.100webspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=5393

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:05 pm 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

I hope you guys can fix this real soon, because I really need to send a email to all my members. Plus with the mail function disabled, now I have to set my new signups from "user" to "none". This now allows spambots to register and post on my forum. This is a hassle that I don't like dealing with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:47 pm 
Support Team Member

We do our best to solve this ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience caused! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:04 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Has it still not been fixed? Ive had the problem for 3 days now, and my users are starting to go else where. Has any got a clue on a timeline?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:24 pm 
Support Team Member

I suppose that the problem will be solved in the next few days. I'm terribly sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:27 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Any news on this? It's been a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:41 pm 
Support Team Member

I suppose that the problem will be solved in today or in the next few days in the worst case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:34 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Hopefully its not the worst case and it will be today!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:47 am 
Noobie
Noobie

If emails not fixed ...we are still waiting............. Merry Xmas.!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:48 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I agree with Robert Allen ...ITS been a while!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:19 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I've had the same problem with my site for the last few days, I thought it was a problem with my new mod.
This needs fixing soon as my site relies on sendmail to send customers e-vouchers they paid for days ago!

100webspace seems to have 1 big problem after another...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:16 am 
Support Team Member

We still work on that issue, but there was a security hole which allows some people to spam from our servers. Because of these spamers our servers Ip's was listed and many of our customers mail was not delivered. Now we work on a new mail module which will resolve that issues.
Meanwhile, all our users with active SMTP support can use our SMTP server in their forms , there is a link to tutorial how to setup SMTP form :
http://email.about.com/od/emailprogramm ... 073006.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:40 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Jazzy wrote:
We still work on that issue, but there was a security hole which allows some people to spam from our servers. Because of these spamers our servers Ip's was listed and many of our customers mail was not delivered. Now we work on a new mail module which will resolve that issues.
Meanwhile, all our users with active SMTP support can use our SMTP server in their forms , there is a link to tutorial how to setup SMTP form :

Firstly, SMTP is useless to the vast majority of us as most php scripts use sendmail and don't support SMTP.

Secondly, how can you expect people to be filled with confidence when your grammar is on par with a 10 year olds.

When is sendmail going to be running? can you even estimate a time/date?
You should be working round the clock as I don't think you understand quite how much of a devastating effect this is having on our businesses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:03 pm 
Support Team Member

We are completely aware of the results of this global problem. They reflect even on us, if I have to be more proper.
Our server administrators and developers are working 24/7 in order to start this feature ASAP. Unfortunately we have to make sure that everything is OK and the server module is fully operational before starting it for our customers.
This is the reason for the delay from our side. Our administrators are testing the module in the moment and I hope that in the next several days they will start it and we will have no more problems of that sort in the future. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:34 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Jazzy wrote:

My site uses SMTP to send mail, yet it too stopped working at the same time. I guess it also has some mail()function in it too. That link above there explains how to make a simple SMTP form, but a noobie like me would not dare to start changing a working code of a whole PHP site into something else because of a temporary problem.. I would just make it worse. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:34 pm 
Support Team Member

Please open a trouble ticket regarding this issue. Then we will be able to help you. This you can do from the Help Center section of your Control Panel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:27 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Its unbelievable that this problem has not been resolved!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:31 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I dont want to be a pain as I know your working on a fix to the problem, but its been nearly 2 weeks now and my customers ARE going else where. Could you not have set this new sendmail up before you took the old one down? Is there a timeline on this problem being resolved?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:39 am 
Support Team Member

The problem should be solved before the end of the week. Please accept again our sincere apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:56 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I've just found out that people have been trying to contact my using my 'Contact us' link on the website and think I'm ignoring them. I'm literally getting seen as a scammer.
Can't you redirect the mail system to at least show a 'mail cant be sent' error?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:13 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

You keep on saying ...a few more days or by end of week and its not happening. Its been over 2 weeks!!! When will it be fixed and will I be compensated for services I paid for and am not receiving? This is ridiculous. I think you might have to change your claim...
"Trusted by more than 500,000 customers! " That number is going to change!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:37 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Is this a silly question? Has this been resolved yet? I tried to use the 'mass mail' feature in phpBB2 and it dident work. I really need to inform my customers about a new product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:17 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Why wasnt it mentioned in the most active topic about the subject? Why did it take so long to fix? Will I get compensated for the service I payed for and did not receive for 3 weeks? To be honest I was really happy with the service I received from 100webspace up until the php mail fuction problem and the sarcastic comment I just received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 am 
Support Team Member

razta, you have a PM :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:27 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I didn't realise you wern't staff, why are you so interested in other peoples problems? I could only asume you were staff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:47 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

It says it's up and running but mine isn't working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:42 pm 
NO! I'm not a flooder!
NO! I'm not a flooder!

Looks like I'm getting the error again, and I see no announcement. What is the problem now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:48 pm 
Support Team Member

Please open again a trouble ticket regarding this issue.
Thank you in advance!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team