It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Word Filter
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:17 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

On my forum I ocassionally get spambots... I don't really mind them since it's usually only 1 or 2 a week, but when one posts a message with banned words in it I get sent to a blank page that says 34.

Can you get me a list of banned words so I can put them in the built in word-filter on the forum? Having to log into the database just to delete a spam message that can't even be read anyways is somewhat of an annoyance. (I use their post to get their IP so I can ban their IP from the forum. kinda need to be able to see the page.)

thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:45 pm 
Support Team Member

I am sorry but the list will never be published or provided to our clients due to security reasons. The only way to solve the problem in question is via an opened ticket to our support team with a request for assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:30 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I've already solved this particular incident by logging into the database from the phpMyAdmin interface provided in the control panel, and manually deleting the text within the post.

My thought was that I could input all the banned words into forum's built in word-filter so it would automatically replace the offending text with *** instead. The word filter page would be blocked of course (since it would try to list the banned words), but I personally believe in freedom of speech and don't ban words so I never used it anyways.

I suppose I could open a ticket anyways, but I don't see how they'll be able to do anything without making the list visible to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team