It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: I am New To LDU, How Can I Install It?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:56 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Alrite so you checked out LDU (http://www.neocrome.net/) figure it has all your website needs, well fact is, it does ! then you downloaded the engine and uploaded to your server went to your domain url and then BAM, MYSQL ERROR! yes ive been there and its horrible becuase you dont know nothing aobut MYSQL!

Well its perfectly fine becuase infact LDU comes with install scripts, u jsut need to know how to run them.

So now i will explian, the best i can on how to Install Ldu Version 702 (other versions sure to work also) using the 100freewebspace.com host.

[red]Ok step ONE: [/red]

Download the LDU Website Engine http://www.neocrome.net/

[red]Step TWO: [/red]

Upload all files form the Ldu folder to the webhost server, in some cases you may need to make a folder called ldu for example
(ursite.100freewebspace.com/ldu)

[red]Step THREE: [/red]

extract the LDU contents to your desktop so you have easy acess to them. Now Log into your Control Panel of the Host, with user and pass of course.

[red]Step FOUR:[/red]

Click on "Manage SQL Databases"

Ok here you will make a NEW database name, make sure you rember all passwords and user names or it can create a problem, surprise.
lol ok so now enter a databse name , anythign you choose try to keep it simple, i named mine my last name. enter and confirm a password, ok done ! for that part anyways :P

[red]Step FIVE:[/red]

click on the newly created database (on its name)
New windo comes up u enter the database user and password that u have set for THAT database, keep in mind that your database user name is also follwed after your account user name, like this "acountusername_databasename" ok so that should be sefl explanitory.

[red]Step SIX: [/red]

OK your in PHP Myadmin, congrats !
Now look for the link called DATABASES right under the MySQL header, well a few links down, but u can find it ;) Now Click it. Now you see your Database name, click that as well.

[red]Step SEVEN:[/red]

Now leading from step SIX, click the SQL tab near the top, second to the right of structure tab. Now this is where you browse for you LDU install script SQL file, or at least thats wat i call it. Browse you HDD, your desktop if u followed my earlier suggestion that is, now go into the LDU folder u have extracted, Docs folder, and u will see two files pertaining to this w/e it is, one is a NEW database and the other is an UPGRADE, now its obvious we wont be loading up UPGRADE SQL script becuase if you were, you would not be reading this. So open the 702 New sql file. press open or ok or w/e is available.

now HIT GO !

[red]Steo EIGHT: [/red]

Your Database is created for LDU and we are ALMOST ready to go, we have the host ready for the ldu, now we must quickly get LDU ready for the host ;) Go to your extracted LDU files and locate the datas folder, inside you will find config.php, Right Click the file and open with NOTEPAD.

[red]Step NINE: [/red]

Now its time to edit that file that we just opened, First thing we need to change is the msql host, more often then not u can leave it as localhost and it seems to work fine but in my installation it did not work so i had to change it to 100freewebspace.com, if you do not know wat your sql hsot is, go back to phpmyadmin and login there (mysql>datbase>login) and at the top in very big bold letters, u will see it says your databse name on 100freewebspace.com (or the name of your particular host url) take note of that URL and then go back into your config.php replace local host with the url. No go down once more u will see it says this:
$cfg['mysqldb'] = 'test'; // Database name
ok the local host is filled out, rigt bellow that is a set of ' ' between those ' put the data base user name, the same name that u used to login phpmyadmin with. and of course right below that in the '' fill in your password. And then the database name should be the same name as your user name but without the _***** ending so before the _ use that. (if you really got lost and dont know your database name u can find it at phpmyadmin after u login at the top ;) )

now we go further down

$cfg['mainurl'] = 'http://www.yourdomain.com'; // Without ending slash !

You see the fake email adresss, replace that with your own email adress so user can contact you of any problems and such.

Maint Title for website is the Title you see on top of your internet browser , change to it to w/e you like

Subtitle is the optional description you see after the main title. change THAT to w/e you liek also

the yourdomain.com, change that to your website URL

Now Moving On....

Alrite the defualt skin is Corporate, its a good one to start off with, nice and clean has most features coded in already. when u download skins and upload them into the skins folder, jsut replace the corporate in the config.php (above) with the folder name of the skin u want to use.

Defualt Langauge, UK, if u speak english i suggest u leave it.

NOW WE ARE READY TO ROLL! lol finally, that was a fat headache huh? the best part is , this is the only tutorial i know on how to install ldu, im very excited aobut it, but unfourntunately, i dont need it anymore so lol that sucks for me that i never had one abck when i was trying to install this thing (40 hours ago)

The Rest of the setting Should be fine in the config.php if they are not Post a comment here (or post if this is read on a forum) and somone should help, maybee even myself.

If you want to check a live demo of ldu out you can see my site, hosted by 100freewebspace, who are incredably cool to offer free hosting such as themselves.

heres the url :
http://singh336.freecoolsite.com/ldu/

[blue]thanks to:[/blue]

100freewebspace.com
Geoizil.tk
www.xtremeimport.NL
And everyone on MSN who really hauled *** to get this site going with me

Resources:

after you install LDU your going to need to read up on some tutorials or get somone knowledged on LDU to help explain aobut TPL files and such, heres a good link to find really good info (u can also find info by going to admin panel>Online Manual)
http://www.neocrome.net/list.php?c=man
you can find Plugins and Skins there as well

Skins:
http://www.bhsdesign.com/index.php
must be registered, but its worth it

Other LDU stuff:

http://www.ldu-dev.net/

basically Help, friendly staff and have some downloads as well, very nice ldu site

http://www.w3schools.com/

general link for good web skills

http://www.firepages.com.au/
for experianced users, u can get ldu to run on your machine basically if you dont have a host

http://www.dwphotoshop.com/

and finally a great link for all sorts of ttorials from photoshop to php perl html css javascript dreamweaver, tons of stuff, i must look !

Alrite that Concludes this Tutorial,

Disclaimer:

Althought the above method has worked for me and others there is no garuntee it will work, however i do hope these ideas expressed will help you setup and build a strong and sucessfull LDU website. I did exactly what i wrote down, so that should be enough for a complete N00B to install LDU.

>new host www.gom-team.com this host is ok for private website but when u had 25k hits a day, its jut not workin out.

GOM-Team.com 7700+ members

GOM-networks.com

Xtremesr.com

You can be sucessfull like me, just ask@ gom

Last edited by Singh336 on Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:55 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

So no comments , did anyone even need this?

GOM-networks.com

Xtremesr.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This tutorial has been added to the F.A.Q. section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:18 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

ok thats cool.

GOM-networks.com

Xtremesr.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:12 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

thanks for the tutorial but i have a problem...!
when someone or I registered for an account i havent recieved any confirmation email. why is that? help pls...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:56 pm 
Posts like crazy!
Posts like crazy!

free hosting = no email

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:39 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Listen the reason for that is because you have to go into your control panel (/admin.php) and then u must go to configuration, after configuration go to global, u must make sure all information including website url is correct otherwsie it will send false link to the email.

if still fail, then turn email check off by pressing yes to skip email check

more questions find me at gom-team.com

thanks.

GOM-networks.com

Xtremesr.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team