It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Continuously blocked from my site.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:47 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

There have been a number of cases where my site has been blocked, and when I log in to my cpanel all I get is blocked_61. Through the support ticket system I have discovered that there is a background process running on my account that is causing the site to be blocked.

Only problem is, I am not the one running the process. The only thing on my end is I have my catchall email account setup in my Outlook to retrieve mail during a send/receive. I was told by a gentlemen in the support ticket that the background process that was causing my site to be blocked is as follows:

cmdline='/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL'

Does anyone know what this is?

I understand the Terms & Conditions do not allow us to run background processes. I would be even more understanding if I were the culprit, but I am not.

SOMEONE... SOMEWHERE at 100webspace has GOT to be able to tell where this is coming from. Everytime this happens I have to have my account reactivated through the support ticket system. I can't, and I won't continue to have my site get blocked every 8 hours because some process is running that I have nothing to do with!

Please don't reply to this and ask me to use the support ticket system because I already have. They cannot tell me where this is coming from or tell me what DSSL in the command line even means. I asked them if they could tell what IP address the process was initiated from. They could not. It is hard for me to imagine that a hosting company would have a background process that runs, and not be able to tell where it is coming from! I need someone that can track this down and stop it from blocking my site.

If 100webspace can't figure this out and stop it from happening, I will need to look for another host. I can't do business on my site when it's like this. I have been extremely patient through this whole process, but after it happens about a dozen times, I have a tendancy to run out of patience!

If it helps at all, the support ticket number is 53394. In this ticket you can see the dialog that has taken place between me and the support techs. Can ANYONE at 100webspace find out what's going on with this?

Earl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:18 am 
Support Team Member

This line is related to a background process. The only way to solve this problem is you to check your scripts. Then you have to remove all the codes that are not secured. Then you have to update all your scripts to their latest and stable versions. If you are not able to do this on your own I will strongly advice you to hire a web developer to check this issue for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team