It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: LINK] Windows based MySQL tool
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:23 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Hi all....

Those who want a faster and free GUI based MySQL Tool which runs on your PC, try the SQLYog from
http://www.webyog.com

Cheers!!
Jai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:31 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Hi Jai,

Sorry to break this down for you but unfortunately 100webspace will not allow you to use such remote database connection toolsdue to security reasons.
(Had my own trouble while trying to use the MySQL monitor embedded in ZendStudio but the connection to the database kept falling apart)

This also goes for scripts, which are not uploaded on your account on the server.

This means that your database(s) can only be accessed by scripts uploadedon the same acconut and by the PHPMyAdmin tool (you can get it out from the control panel; by clicking on the name of the database you wish to manage in the Manage SQL Databases section).

Nevertheless, SQLYog looks promising and there's also a free tiral :).

with crimson shimmering in the melted horizon.
As the red sun rises in its majestic glaring crown,
forever fades away ....

Post subject: Hmmmm
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:29 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Hi Viperio,

I fully agree with you that hosting providers normally doesnt allow these tools. However, I posted the info about this tool only because I was able to use it for my database hosted in 100Webhost. Except for the backup and restore options, I was able to use SQLYog without any problem.

Initially, I was using the PHPMyAdmin tool as you had mentioned, however, since I was used to MSSQL QueryAnalyser before, I found it little slow since each command had to invoke a web response. Thats when I searched for some GUI tool and found out this one.

SQLYog in fact has a community edition which is free for personal and non-commercial use. This has all the capabilities you would require for your personal use.

If you like GUI tools, I suggest you download it and try it out. I had absolutely no problems in connecting and using it :).

Anyways, thanks for your reply mate!!!! :D. Let me know your comments once you try it. (Hope 100webhost doesn't block the tool because of this post :oops: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:14 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Hi Jai,

No worries mon (original jungle troll accent ;)) - I doubt that 100Webhost would block it for such a silly reason - after all you didn't give away any security information or make any abuse regarding their services.

100Webhost could block external database connection in case there're hacking attempt on their servers and then SQLYog wouldn't be the only one left hanging - all database GUIs would :(.

As for testing it on my own - not yet :(. My 256MB RAM are still having a hard time with Zend Studio, a web browser (be it even Opera or Firefox, Internet Explorer is out of the question), Winamp (can't do stuff without music) and usually something else in the background - like a Photoshop or a Paintshop for making chunky grafics (need 2 advance there :oops:).

BUT hopefully I'll get myself a new 512 RAM chip for Christmas and if I have time I'll try out SQLYog and some other stuff I've been meaning to get my paws on :twisted:

with crimson shimmering in the melted horizon.
As the red sun rises in its majestic glaring crown,
forever fades away ....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team