It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Help Domain MApping in Wordpress
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:56 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I can add new Domain in my wordpress account. I don't have an idea how to fix it. Please help me!!!!!!!!! Thats the message I receive... I don't know how to do it

Possible problem with 100webspace.net

We were unable to verify that elounge.100webspace.net is pointing to WordPress.com. If you own this domain, follow the directions below to get it ready for your blog. If you don’t own it, try a different name to see if something else is available. If the domain is available, you may be able to register it with another registrar and then map it to your blog.

How to fix it

You must make some changes to your domain before we can continue. (Sorry about the technical jargon!) The preferred method is to use the tools provided by your registrar to add a CNAME record. It should look like this:

elounge 14400 IN CNAME elounge.wordpress.com.

Each registrar has its own method of adding CNAME records. The important parts of this record are your subdomain ("elounge") and your original blog domain ("elounge.wordpress.com").

(If you have already done this it may take several hours for the changes to be recognized here. Please try again in a little while.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:47 am 

I'm not sure that subdomains can be pointed to your blog, only domains such as "www.myblog.com", or "myblog.com" - rather than "myblog.100webspace.com".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team