It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Running a large forum with 100webcustomers is impossible.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:03 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I own quite a large forum, I'm up to 3000 members and I have more and more troubles each day. The 100webspace servers provide a mandatory filter that if any word trips it, it completely clears the page and only displays the number of the filter category it tripped.

Being that it's a forum people post what they want about anything they want. So these 'filtered words' are bound to slip of peoples mouths, constantly shutting down access to the offending page, post, thread, FORUM. If it's the latest post and recent posts are shown on your front page, the home page goes down.

This means you can't even view the post to delete with your administrative abilities, you have to search through the mysql for the offending post.

Unfortunately, they won't provide you with the offending words, so you just have to guess and start deleting recent posts from the mysql database.

For months I've had a support ticket open that keeps ending in "We've forwarded it to the head administrators" and it ends like that. They never report back, no matter how many times I ask whats going on.

Theres no phone number to call for support, so I can't even get directly connected to someone when theres a serious issue (Such as someone figuring out one of the words and spamming the entire forum with it to close the whole thing down).

You can't add the words to your forums censor list because:
a) You don't know the words and they won't tell you the list.
b) You can no longer access the censor list because it contains one of the filtered words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:18 am 

I guess this doesn't help:

Quote:
Not being a member sucks! We're one of the few forums that built our base upon the great right known as flaming. So join up and make someone cry.

Try getting in touch with the admins and see if they can provide you with a list of the words, this way you can add them all to your admin control panel and stop the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:59 am 
Support Team Member

We have refunded the payment and closed the account of this client in our system.

P.S. We have provided you with the words that should be removed from the database or your site pages and that may be added to the filter of the forum or script that you use. We have assisted you all the time and this topic surprised me! We did all your best to assist you with no "thank you" from your end. I am really sorry to see that all of our efforts were just a waste of time. I will close this topic now... 3 years in the support team of this company and this is the first time I am so insulted after a comment of our customer...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team