It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Joomla 1.0.8 CMS -java WYSIWYG editor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:02 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Installed Joomla CMS Saturday and it worked great for a few hrs, then was unable to write/edit posts with the Java editing applet.

Joomla Forum reports that this is a common problem. Usually is caused by a discrepancy between the Joomla config file address and the site host's way of addressing the site. I have checked this, and my 2 setups at 100webspace shows no such discrepancy. Yet I still have failure of the editing applet at both domains.

Joomla Forum boards don't have any clue beyond this. Other Joomla-ers like myself report this and are mystified and have to give up

I have another Joomla site (at Joomlahost.in which is free ) and everything works fine there (However, the admin access is limited and it allows no templates, so I'm only using that site as a sandbox)

Any Joomla-ers in these here parts with a clue ? 1k Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:19 am 
What editor are you using? If you are using the default, I woudl recomend updating the JCE ( http://www.cellardoor.za.net/jce ) I am currently using it for a client of mines website and it has MANY more features than the defualt Joomla editor :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:36 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Thanks, Mod, will try it and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:49 am 
No problem, hope everything works out for you :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team