It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:38 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: gaining admin to phpBB2..help please
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:59 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Good afternoon everyone. I just installed phpBB2 and everything went very well. I created the mySQL database in the allhyper.com manager and then uploaded all the files it told me to upload. Then, I installed it. It said it all went well, and to delete the install directory and this other directory, comp something i think. Anyway.

Now, when i want to login as myself, the admin, I like to use the regular login screen. But I get this guys:

DÿjHost '65.79.8.122' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

That just threw me off, I have no clue what that means. You can check out my forum at :

coldcreative.allhyper.com/phpbb/phpBB2/index.php

I tried going to phpbb/phpBB2/admin/index.php but it gives me that dumb can not connect to mySQL server. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do? Thank you so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You have set the server port to 3306 instead of 80 (which is the correct one). You will have to re-nstall the forum and this time make sure to set the server port to 80.

Many people confuse the server port (http port) with the MySQL port. The MySQL port is 3306 but it is not required on the phpBB2 installation page, the one that you should set there is the server port which is 80.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:53 am 
you do NOT have to re-install your forum: Go into phpMyAdmin and find the table called phpbb_config and then find the row called server_port and change it from 3306 to 80. This will fix your problem :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team