All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: PostNuke 0.7.6.0 HELP!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:46 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

HI there,
I have just signed up and have tried in vain to upload PostNuke and get it working. I have done the SQL Dump which has processed the tables etc. However when i try to go to my site from my browser i just get "Problem in Database Connection" but the Postnuke banners are showing etc.

site address is http://in-touch.coconia.net/index.php

I have uploaded all files and checked permissions etc. I have went into phpmyadmin panel and have this ERROR at bottom of the page "The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated. To find out why click here" I click and then get this "PMA Database ... not OK[ Documentation ]
General relation features Disabled"
When i go into the documentation it says " This setting is an efficient way to lower the server charge since the latter does not need to send MySQL requests to build the available database list. But it does not replace the privileges rules of the MySQL database server. If set, it just means only these databases will be displayed but not at all other databases can't be used."

I would be gratefull for any help i could get to have this resolved and get my site up and working. Please don't give any answers in to technical a term as im new to PHP etc :D

Many Thanks
XwizX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see that you have been able to install xoops instead of phpNuke.. nice choice, xoops is my personal favorite when it comes to CMSes. So forget about phpNuke and use xoops instead :)

As to the error message in phpMyAdmin, pleae ignore this, it does not effect you in anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:19 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Thanks :D never used XOOPS before so just getting used to it now. Havin few probs with NEWBB forum etc hopefully get there in end lol. was thinkin about installin PHPBB2 though used that before and liked the set up. any ideas if this is workable through XOOPS like it is through PostNuke?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:17 pm 
Support Team Member

I think there is no problem to run this but probably you can check on the vendors site.
I'm useng mambo/joobla and there is module that do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Xoops doesn't have a module that would allow you to use phpBB2 with it. This is sad indeed, because phpBB2 is probably the easiest to install and manage board and it is quite popular too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team