It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: ACP control panel dissapears
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:15 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I'm really getting fed up with phpbb2. Yesterday everything was working fine. Today after a hard day of labor i got home, logged in my phpbb2 2.0.15 forum. Went to the acp text on the bottom of the page, typed my name and pasword again. The usual screen shows up. The acp frame on the left of the screen too, but immediately afterwards the acp frame dissapears. So i can't do anything with my forum now.

The right frame (screen) keeps standing but the whole acp panel on the left is gone. I haven't changed or done anything. On my 2nd forum which is running on a different host i have no problems at all.

I use madpage.com. The only thing i can think of are the adds that somehow make the acp panel dissapear ?!?!?!?!?!?

Please do help, i'm getting so sick of these unnecessary problems.

Greetings Thijs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:17 am 
This problem has been reported to the administrators and they are in the proccess of fixing it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:26 am 
Noobie
Noobie

So again it's not my fault but something with the host again ?!?!

Why isn't there an anouncement posted that this happens ? It's really starting to get annoying as you can imagine. First i had this mail problem out of the blue and i needed to include a free smtp server. This came out of nowhere and now this comes out of nowhere. I need to have a more steady host. This sucks.

Greetings from Holland,

Thijs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:29 am 
No, it's not your fault the reason was at the end of the banner code, the <div> tag wasn't closed off... if you want a quick fix, you can go into the file manager / edit the file and add a </div> tag after the <body> tag.. (I would only do this if you REALLY know what you are doing :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:31 am 
Noobie
Noobie

well doing it to me as well so it's not you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:31 am 
Noobie
Noobie

which file do you mean ? By asking this i probably don't know what i'm doing !??!?! hahahahaha :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:34 am 
Im not sure the exact name of the file, i would imagine it would be one of the files in this folder: /templates/~template_name~/admin/ :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:37 am 
Noobie
Noobie

hmmm i don't think so. The adds on the top of the screen aren't mentioned in any .php file of phpbb2. It's added by the host (madpage) and you can view it with right mouse click but can't edit it. At least not that i know.

Thijs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:39 am 
no.no.no... I'm sorry, what I meant was add a </div> tage AFTER the <body> tag so that after the ads are added the </div> tag will be there :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:42 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Ok, i understand. It could be the admin_board.php file. Hmm... any idea how long it will take for the wizzkids to correct this problem ? Should be quick i hope ?

Thijs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:44 am 
I hope that it is quick too... but it really depends on how much work the admins have to do, if they are currently working on fixing something BIG, it could take them a while to fix it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:49 am 
Noobie
Noobie

yeah and that would suck big time, because without ACP, well you simply can't do anything with your forum.

It's gonna be very sunny here tomorrow so i'll just wait on the beach till the problem is fixed. Thanx anyway. But i would appreciate it very much if these kind of problems would be mentioned on this forum. 100webspace announcements.

Everytime something strange happens with my forum i first think I did something wrong. It's not good for my blood pressure :shock:

Greets, Thijs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:55 am 
I just made a Sticky topic about this subect in the Support Forum :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:56 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I saw it! thanx dude :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:57 am 
Sure thing, if I start seeing multiple discussions about a problem, I am going to post a Stick Topic about it in the support forum :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team