It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Can't leave well enough alone ... what on earth is this?
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:21 pm 
I attempted to load a new skin onto my phpBB2 board. It was from a spyware-free, well-known source. I was instructed to find a file to download it onto the board, couldn't find the exact file, but found a file very simliar with similar instructions. Pressed to download .... and ...

Now I have this really weird code on top of my forum. I can't get rid of it. I deleted and re-uploaded phpBB again. It told me I couldn't install it because there was already an admin-access file.

Ok. I deleted phbBB (I didn't like the look much anyway) and saw that some users here used Mercuryboard. I like the look of it much better. I downloaded Mercuryboard, everything went perfectly, but ...

I still have that stupid code on top of every page!

It reads similar to this:

div id='1918739572' style='text-align:center'>

There are other numbers corresponding to whatever page I'm on.

If this is html, it's probably a missing bracket in front of that div id. But where is this, and where can I fix it?

By the way, I like the look of Mercuryboard. I hope uploading templates to that board will not cause this nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:27 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I can limit this a little. My main pages do not have any codes. It's only on the forum page.

Yes, this is my forum.

Last edited by Sunday's Calling on Sat May 21, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:31 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Are you on a free board? It maybe that the AD insertion isn't working right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:36 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Yes, but this only happened when I tried to install that template. Wouldn't that have been there before?

The 100Webspace ads are there, phbBB didn't have ads on top, and this board doesn't have them, as far as I know.

EDIT .... duh. I thought you meant the forum itself. Did you mean the 100Webspace ads? It's above them, and they are centered, per the html. That might be it. Thanks for the idea.

But ... how do I fix this? Can anyone on 100Webspace tell me what directory I have to go in to fix it? It's most likely a simple enough correction ... I hope.

EDIT again. I had to get rid of Mercuryboard ... I kept getting this weird error message that I hadn't even seen on their Support Forums. I completely deleted the old SQL database. I made a new one, same name and password. I re-installed phpBB. It installed like a charm, except ..

FOR THAT BLOOMIN' CODE.

So it wasn't anything with SQL.

Yes. It probably is some sort of missing bracket in the ad insertion code. I looked through almost all the folders, but couldn't find anything to fix.

I think the time has come to install no more, delete no more and wait patiently for an answer. I think it's time to bake something or take a walk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team