It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: The upgrades
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:50 pm 
I am thinking of hosting our Boy Scout Troop site here. The 100 emails upgrade.. is that an additional 100 accounts? to the 20 I would get with the personal package?

Also, it's 20 email accounts and 20 aliases.. how do your aliases work? Anotherwords, if I create 20 regular accounts.. if I set up say 10 aliases, are they used simply to forward to another email addy, not part of the package.. Say I set up alias1@100webspace.com (or whatever our domain name will be) and have it forward to joebob@yahoo.com

I ask because we need maybe 30 accounts, and I dont' want to pay for the additional 100 when I only need 10.. and if aliases can be created to forward to other emails, then that works for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:49 am 
Support Team Member

Benefit of "E-mail Addresses" upgrade is that if you purchase it, SMTP service will be activated for your hosting account. But you also will need to host some domain name. It's not possible to create e-mail accounts for subdomains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:29 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

According to the package comparason page.. SMTP IS ALREADY activated as is POP access for Personal.

And there are no REAL EXPLANATIONS in any of the packages about anything.. just LISTS of what is available.. I couldn't find anything that says one NEEDS to have a domain name registered to have the Personal site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:55 am 
Support Team Member

Note that without a hosted domain name you won't be able to create and use e-mail accounts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:34 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Which is WHY YOU NEED more indepth descriptions to the LIST of stuff with packages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:39 pm 
Support Team Member

Thank you for the kind notification of this issue. I am really not aware of a hosting company which allows SMTP using an email address created on their default subdomains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:20 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

I don't know of any either that would do email using their subdomains.. .. but before I could purchase a package here, I had to show the Troop Committee the website package information so they could see what was being purchased.. and these where THEIR questions.

All you have are lists of options.. but no details of what they really are or what is required to HAVE those options. I was getting flooded with questions and even though I understand things, not everyone does.

Just thought that simple explanations of each item would be nice for those who are trying to learn and get more than just a Free site with little control.

Your replies here that they can see "in writing" are helping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:51 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Ok.. question.. in the upgrades list.. is shows you can add a mailing list to the Personal package for $1 a month.. yet that upgrade option isn't available in the control panel. Why not????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:53 am 
Support Team Member

Mailing list option is available only for users on "Personal Pro" and Business" hosting plans.

Post subject: E-mail Question
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:26 pm 
I'm under the Free Hosting Without Banners Plan and I just purchased 100 additional email addresses... Does this plan let me send e-mails versus the Free Hosting With Banners which only allowed me to receive emails? Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:51 pm 
Support Team Member

Yes, this upgrade activates the SMTP, sendmail and php mail() function for your account. In other words, yes, you should be able to send emails using the email accounts created in your hosting plan with us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team