It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Scripts and executables
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:43 am 
Noobie
Noobie

We are looking at purchasing library database software with a web search add-on. The web search software requires uploading of a .txt file to the web server and also require that scripts and executables can be installed and run.

Not being the techy for our organization, I'm not sure how this landed on my plate :lol: , nevertheless, here I am and looking to see if 100websearch allows for this type of functionality. Are these things do-able with your service? If so, does it require a minimum "package" level for these capabilities?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Scripts and executables
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:29 pm 
Support Team Member

Hello,

I am afraid that you can't use executable files like .exe on our web servers. They are Linux based.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 pm 
Noobie
Noobie

Okay - so 100webspace.com is Linux based? The software company's web site has a unix/linux based version of the software . . . With that version, the, we could set up a web site that would allow us to make our database accessible and searchable by our members? How could I find out for sure if this would work before making a commitment to either the software or a web space?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:54 pm 
Support Team Member

You can use here PHP and MySQL as well. We do not support other storage engines.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:22 am 
Noobie
Noobie

According to me, The software company's web site has a unix/linux based version of the software . . . With that version, the, we could set up a web site that would allow us to make our database accessible and searchable by our members..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

With a MySQL database and a PHP script related to it your members will be able to search the database content.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team