It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Want domain name to match email
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 am 
Noobie
Noobie

I purchased a domain from an outside vendor and plan to point that domain to my 100webspace account. However, I'd like my emails to all end with that same domain name for consistency. Does 100webspace.com offer support for such email address aliasing? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Want domain name to match email
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:24 pm 
Support Team Member

Yes, it's not a problem to do so. Just add the domain name into the Hosted Domains menu. Then update the Name Servers set. You'll be able to create such email accounts once the domain name in question start resolving here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:17 am 
Noobie
Noobie

Thanks for your response Andy. However, since your Bannerless plan won't allow outgoing email, I think I'll just use the email account offered by my domain registrar.

Once I point my registrar's DNS servers to 100webspace, I assume that if I don't activate any 100webspace email, all my me@domain.com email will still be handled by my domain registrar, but my 100webspace domain.com address will be handled by 100webspace. Correct?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

Once you change the DNS settings of your domain name all services will become hosted with us and you will start managing the domain records from our end. In case you want to point the mail service back to your old provide, please change the MX records of this domain to the MX servers of the mail service provider. You could do this through the "DNS Records" menu located in the hosting control panel.

Regards,
Jimmy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: fhmagic, KJ, Moderators, Support Team